Online learning has already gained popularity in the corporate world. Investing in an e-learning program helps the companies to obtain a successful learning process thus creating positive results by providing a higher return on investment.
To assess the same, mentioned below are the benefits of investing in an effective e-Learning product that is developed with the best practices followed in instructional design.
• Standardization: Irrespective of the time and place an employee is trained, all the employees get access to consistent quality content. They are not dependant on the trainer methods which might vary from one trainer to another. Any modifications done to the course can be easily and uniformly be made available at the same time thus saving time. Through the standardization, the related tasks performed by the participants are unanimous thus providing uniform results.
• Employee Retention: By rolling out online courses, equal learning opportunities can be provided to all the employees spread across various locations. Employees feel more engaged and invested in the organization through uniform training programs. Moreover, the employees can take online courses like AWS, Data Science, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Python Course to further enhance their skill sets in this digital era.
• Saves Time: It takes marginally lesser time to complete an online course as compared to classroom training. The simple reason is that the employee does not spend time commuting to the training location, the course is made available on various devices thus making the access easier, the learner gets to learn at their own pace by surfing to-and-fro between the modules for better understanding, the course can be broken into the smaller topic for ease of understanding.
• Better Learning: With no time boundation of completing the course in specified hours, as in the case of classroom training, the learner gets the advantage of getting involved in various engagement strategies that can be integrated with the online course. Features like gamification, edutainment, quizzes have proven the increased engagement.
• Training Reinforcement: Employees tend to forget the training outcome a few weeks later for which regular refresher training was required. Grasping, learning, and retention is way higher through online courses. The reinforcement strategies like gamification, spaced repetition, continuous post-assessments help in retaining the learning for a longer period of time. Also, referring to the course content whenever needed is easier as it is available on handy devices.
• Training Need Analysis: Based on the assessments, you can find the gaps between the training given on specific topics and training required on specific topics. Through online training program analytics, one can even breakdown their assessments in term of which module need rework and which module has gone redundant. With various analyses done through e-learning and the learning management system tools, you can focus on continuous improvement of your training programs to make them more effective.
• Saves Employees Time: As mentioned above, the employees can learn the course in lesser time. The employees can actually learn by logging in at their own convenient time and simultaneously focus on their work without affecting their productive work hours.
• Return On Investment: While saving time and cost of training, there is no compromise on productivity. Better learning leads to better results in productivity and retention of the employees. Overall it is a win-win situation for both employees and the organization as the returns are much higher and employees remain engaged and loyal.
• Collaborative Learning: Knowledge sharing and document collaboration help in improving the business work culture. An E-learning program enables teams to work together with better coordination with a competitive spirit. It becomes very easy to connect with the teams remotely as well.
Conclusion: The e-learning programs have already made their space in the corporate industry. With the ease of learning at your own time, pace, and place, it gives complete freedom to learners and huge returns to the companies.