Different Ways to Use iMessage on Your PC and Other Devices
How is it possible to install iMessage on a computer? If you enjoy the messaging system, you may wish to consider installing it on your PC, which is typically running Windows OS. It’s easy to understand why you (and a dozen of users worldwide) enjoy using the message app. Being one of the most advanced messaging apps, it provides an abundance of functionalities and accessibility. Sadly, it is only available to Apple users.
There are a lot of messaging apps out there (such as Twitter and Facebook Messenger), but Apple users are quite loyal. Once they declare their love for iMessage, they will adhere to it. It’s just a shame that the app isn’t compatible with Windows.
However, there are many other ways to get iMessage running Windows PC. It’s lucky that we live in a world of new technology. Additionally, the same technology enables you to use iMessage on a variety of operating systems. Simply follow the steps given below, regardless of the Windows version you are using. They are all applicable, whether your Windows is running on 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.
Remote Desktop for Mac with Chrome
That’s how you can install iMessage on a Windows PC, but you will still need a Mac and another computer running Windows. You can use the Chrome Remote Desktop add-on to accomplish this. It is the quickest and simplest method of downloading and using iMessage. As you can see, Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to connect to another computer remotely using a Chromebook or Chrome browser on their PC. You will be able to access your Mac on Window when it is running remotely. This method enables you to easily access your emails, files, applications, and files, and many other things. If you wish to use this, ensure that you have both Mac and Windows computers running consecutively.
These are major steps to take:
- Organize Mac with iMessage installed as well as the Windows OS.
- Chrome must first be downloaded and then Chrome Remote Desktop must be installed. Perform the procedure for both Windows and macOS.
- Launch those applications on both devices.
- On a Mac, download the Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer.
- Launch the installer after it has been opened. Just follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- You’ll need to communicate between your Mac and Window via the security code, which is provided on Chrome Remote Desktop Add-on. When this phase is completed, you must be able to use iMessage on your Windows device smoothly.
Using Emulators to Run iMessage on a PC
Make use of an emulator is another method for installing iMessage on a Windows devices. This is primarily third-party software that creates a simulated iOS eco – system within the PC, allowing users to access and then make use of iOS apps on their Windows system easily. This is a convenient method for those who do not own a Mac but wish to use iMessage on their Windows devices.
To make this method work, you must first download and install iPadian on your Window devices. You should now be able to download and use iMessage app on your Windows via emulator. Generally, you may use alternative emulators for this experiment. You can always conduct your own research and choose the one that is most suitable for you. For iPadian, it is also the iPad emulator that enables users to run MAC apps on Windows system, which also allowed them to use iMessage on their Windows pc. It comes with the Adobe Air application (the standalone one). However, not all emulators are secure. Some may even act as malware portals. Select only from reputable sources.
To Install Emulator on your Pc:
- Download the iPadian console on your laptop.
- Double click to run it
- You must read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Wait for the process to complete. After the installation, your Windows pc will open iPadian.
- Type iMessage into the search bar. Once you’ve located it, hit on download and install it.
- Open the iMessage application. Have fun with the app!
Bear in mind that jailbreaking must only be attempted as a last resort. Nobody advises you to do it at all, but let’s face it, this is also an option. When you choose this option, you will ‘break’ in to the your iOS and install a new OS, which will provide you with increased freedom and flexibility. Jailbreaking your iOS device would alter the way it operates. However, it provides additional options for custom add-ons, apps and tweaks for those that are not available or accessible through the app Store.
However, this is not the optimal method for utilizing iMessage on other operating systems. Jailbreaking WILL CERTAINLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY. If you choose this path, be aware of the dangers. Risk taking is valuable sometimes.
iMessage for Android Devices
This is not the best way to get iMessage on a PC, but you can use it on the Android platform. Thus, iMessage is not only available on the Windows operating system, but also on the Android operating system. However, for this method to work, it requires AirMessage. Additionally, your Mac would serve as a server.
How to deal with it:
- You’ll need to prepare your Mac. It should have already been equipped with AirMessage.
- This Mac must operate and remain connected to the internet at all times.
- Meanwhile, download and install the AirMessage app on your Android device.
- And once installation is complete, your Android device should be able to access and use iMessage via the AirMessage installed.
As previously stated, your Mac would serve as the server. That is why you must hold it running and connected to the internet for the rest of the time you are going to use it. The side that actually does all the work is the Mac, while the party that handles connectivity is the AirMessage.
As you’ve seen, each technique has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Nothing is 100% successful or convenient, at least not unless if you run iMessage on your iOS operating system. Select the method that feels most appropriate for your scenario and requirement. Additionally, ensure that you are aware of all potential benefits and risks. Are they all good enough to justify it in your current situation to get iMessage on PC?