Bam! Pow! Kaboom! If you recently got a new LG TV, you’re probably itching to start streaming your favourite shows, movies, and more. Adding streaming apps to modern webOS-based LG TVs is supes easy. This bodacious blog post will give you the lo-down on getting the most tubular streaming apps on your righteous LG TV faster than you can say “gnarly!”
Get Your Favorite Streaming Apps on Your LG TV
Laying the Groundwork
Let’s level set on some key deets before we dive into the nitty gritty. There are a few preliminary steps you gotta take before you can start downloading apps:
- Make sure your LG TV is connected to your home wifi network. You can’t download any apps unless your TV is connected to the interwebs. Not sure how to connect to wifi? Check your TV’s settings or manual for the step-by-step.
- Ensure you have an LG account. You’ll need to create one if you don’t already have one. This will allow you to access LG Content Store and download apps. Setting up an account is free and easy peasy.
- Know your LG TV model number. You can find this on the back of the TV or in the settings. This will come in handy when searching for apps in LG Content Store.
Rad! Now that you’re set up with wifi, an LG account, and you know your TV’s model, it’s time to…
Download Apps from LG Content Store
The LG Content Store is your one-stop shop for finding and downloading the latest streaming apps for your LG TV. Here’s how to get apps from there:
- Press the home button on your LG TV remote and select the “LG Content Store” icon.
- Browse or search for the app you want. You can find popular apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu and way more.
- When you find the app you want, select “Download.” You may need to enter your LG account login info.
- The app will download and install! When finished, you can select “Open” to start using the app right away.
It’s crazy easy right? The LG Content Store has tons of great free and paid apps optimized for your LG TV’s webOS platform.
Add Apps from the Google Play Store
Bet you didn’t know some newer LG TVs also give you access to the Google Play Store! This opens up even more app options. Here’s how to get apps from Google Play:
- From your TV’s home screen, select the “Google Play Store” app to open it.
- Browse, search and select the app you want. Many popular streaming apps are available.
- Choose “Install” and enter your Google account info if prompted.
- Once installed, select “Open” to start using the app!
Google Play Store integration makes getting apps on your LG TV just like getting apps on your Android phone or tablet. Pretty nifty!
Use Apps on Your Mobile Device
Don’t want to download apps directly to your TV? Many streaming apps allow you to send or “cast” videos from your phone or tablet to your TV!
For example, you can install the YouTube app on your iPhone and then cast videos to your LG TV. The YouTube app on your phone acts as the remote. Super convenient!
Other apps like Google Chromecast, Roku and Apple AirPlay also make it easy to send content from your mobile device to your LG TV.
Get Apps from Your Cable or Satellite Provider
If you have cable or satellite TV service, your provider may offer its own selection of streaming apps specifically for compatible LG TV models.
These provider-specific apps give you access to live TV channels and a library of on-demand shows and movies to stream.
To see if your cable/satellite provider offers apps for LG TVs, check their website or contact customer service. They can give you details on available apps and how to get them on your TV.
A Super-Custom Streaming Experience
Well there ya have it amigos! With LG Content Store, Google Play integration, mobile apps and cable/satellite provider apps, getting the streaming apps you crave on your LG TV is easy as pie.
You’ll be channel surfing classic shows or binge watching the latest web series on your LG TV in no time. Totally gnarly!
Now kick back, grab some popcorn and tubular treats, and enjoy a super-custom streaming sesh on your decked out LG TV!
FAQs about Adding Streaming Apps to an LG TV
Do I need wifi to add apps to my LG TV?
Yep! Your LG TV needs to be connected to your home wifi network to download and use streaming apps. Make sure wifi is set up before trying to get apps.
How do I find my LG TV’s model number?
Check the back of your TV or go to Settings > General > About This TV. The model number will be listed there.
Do I need an LG account to add apps?
You need an LG account to download apps from the LG Content Store. Sign up for a free account on your TV or at lg.com.
Are streaming apps free on LG TVs?
Most apps are free to download. Some charge a subscription fee for access to content. Check the app details to see if there are any costs.
What internet speed do I need for streaming?
At least 3-5 Mbps internet speed is recommended for streaming on an LG TV. Faster speeds like 10+ Mbps are ideal for the best performance.
What settings do I check for casting to my LG TV?
Make sure your LG TV is on the same wifi network as your casting device. Also check the casting settings in your TV’s general settings menu.
Why can’t I find an app in the LG Content Store?
Some apps may only be available for certain LG TV models. Check that the app supports your specific LG TV model number.
What do I do if an app won’t download or crashes?
Try restarting your LG TV and router if an app won’t download or is crashing. Also check for any available software updates for your TV.